Information for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People
Want to meet other Polish and English deaf people? Come to Deaf Club!
Where? The King's Fee (Wetherspoon) Pub, Commercial Road, Hereford
When? 12:00pm, 4th Wednesday of every month
Need new batteries for your hearing aid?
Come to Deaf Direct and we give you more – free!
Hearing aid problems?
Where? Hereford Audiology Department, The Oxford Suite, County Hospital, Stonebow Road, Hereford
Telephone: 01432 372939
How? Come to Deaf Direct – we can make the appointment for you.
British Sign Language Courses
Where? Deaf Direct
How? Come to Deaf Direct if interested for more information.
Deaf Church Services
Church services in sign language and loop system in church to help you hear better with your hearing aid.
Where? St. Barnabas Church, Venns Lane, Hereford
When? 10am, 3rd Sunday of every month
Computers and internet
Need to use a computer and the Internet?
Come and use FREE public computers at Deaf Direct with printers and webcams.
Deaf Direct, Kemble House, 37 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AR
Tel: 01432 357741
Minicom: 01432 357747
Leominster's welcome to seasonal workers
The Friendship Centre at the Moravian Church, South Street in Leominster offers a welcoming and friendly drop-in centre for seasonal workers. Volunteers will man the centre and, as well as offering friendship, will be able to provide guidance on where to go for advice on health issues, finance, tourism, etc (volunteers would be very welcome).
The centre will be open from 24 April to the end of October 2006. The opening hours are:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3pm-7pm
- Wednesdays and Sundays, 3pm-5pm
- Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays, 5pm-7pm
Simple refreshments will be available and above all, a smiling and warm welcome. Interpreters may be available.
The drop-in centre also hopes to organise a few local events during the strawberry season, such as folk music or sports, to enable workers to meet local people. Workers themselves are encouraged to come up with ideas for recreational and cultural activities, and how local churches might meet their spiritual needs.
Seasonal workers are most welcome to phone Marielle Biggar for information on any matter on her mobile – 07896 923495.
For more information please contact:
Marielle Biggar Tel: 07896 923495 or
John Crowe Tel: 01568 611081
Prodlearn-Ka (Russian speaking parent & child group)
This is a weekly afternoon session aimed at Russian speaking parents and children, whose aim is to promote children’s interaction in their native language.
Various activities will be organised for the children, such as story telling and puppet theatre. The meetings will be held at The Christian Life Centre, 133 Edgar Street, Hereford from 4pm-6pm every Friday.
The sessions are organised by Ella and Lena, Herefordshire residents who are keen to help other Russian families to keep in touch with their traditions, history and language.
Hereford Baptist Church
- We meet at 10.30am every Sunday for worship, teaching, prayer. A warm welcome and refreshments upon arrival. Creche for under 3s (or quiet room available where carers can be with their children and listen to the service). Children and youth leave for age specific activities for the latter part of the service.
- Many small group activities throughout the week including prayer meeting, craft group, hiking group, bible study, over 50s social group, Silver Diners, Christian Vision for Men, Activate for Women, 18-30s, Youth groups, Tot Stop for preschoolers and their carers.
- NightShift for clubbers (Saturday nights/Sunday morning 12-3am) If you have had a night out in town and if you just want somewhere warm and safe to come and chat, have a free coffee or tea, or just to wait for a taxi then come along!
For more information please contact us.
Hereford Baptist Church, Commercial Road, Hereford, HR1 2BP
Telephone: 01432 352209